Are you looking for a purposeful work that you are going to love?
Come work in an environment of shared values, that empowers you to lead and promotes leaders with character!
JoyDew is a program that takes a different approach to employment. We assess our members by their specific areas of strength with a career while simultaneously encouraging the exploration of other high-level employment sectors. As a staff member, JoyDew has allows Team Leaders to play to their own strengths as well by forging their own path of growth. There are many opportunities to implement our own ideas and projects while challenging the conventional model of Autism Employment. Join a workplace where people love coming to work because the culture is positive and uplifting. If hard but rewarding work with unique experiences sounds intriguing, JoyDew may be the place for you!
We are seeking Support Staff and Job Coaches to work directly with participants, to facilitate a safe and educational environment, and to help lead our multi-faceted approach. All Majors are welcome to apply. Candidates in any field who are interested in working with individuals with special needs are encouraged to apply.
We are looking for individuals to grow with our organization and be part of creating meaningful lives for people with autism.
At JoyDew you will work with staff who is caring, compassionate, team players, and dedicated to our program philosophy. As an employee of JoyDew, you will enjoy an exciting work environment, competitive wages, benefits after trial period, and opportunities for growth. JoyDew is focused on job training and employment, delivered in Autism friendly environment, and respectful to all members and staff.
Past experience working with autistic population is not required.
Positions are full time and internships.
- Develop, plan and implement lessons and job training to members.
- Work directly with members to facilitate participant involvement.
- Support members as Job Coaches to help them perform their jobs and to ensure delivery to clients.
- Staff members will report directly to the Program Director and help plan curriculum with members in mind, to maintain involvement, development, community, and safety.
- Assist with all aspects of program activities.
- Facilitate groups, and group interaction.
Exemplify all rules, regulation, and policies set forth by the program.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- Experience working with young adults with AUTISM population a plus.
- Must have an interest and be comfortable working with the special needs community.
- Strong communication skills and experience working with other staff members.
- Must pass Background check.
- Must take and pass all training required by DDD.
- Clean driving record is required.
Positions is full time.
- Achieving goals and objectives related to the management, development, and implementation off all program’s activities, including development of an engaging curriculum of activities and member goals, implementing the curriculum, and maintaining the individual plans for each member.
- Communicate with parents/guardians and care givers.
- Organize and participate in all aspects of programs for participants.
- Developing Strengths Assessments
- Develop Support Plans
- Documenting all day-to-day participants’ work and engagement.
- Evaluate and mange new applicants
- Documentation for DDD.
- Continue to develop in the field of Autism by attending recommended training programs and conferences in order to enhance special needs programs for participants. Provide training opportunities for staff in accordance with program goals and objectives.
- Use scheduling and organization skills to coordinate cooperatively with all parts of the JoyDew organization and facilitate staff roles across program settings for all activities to operate smoothly.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferred with a specialty in Psychology, Special Education, or related field (or equivalent academic preparation or job experience).
- Experience and/or training in program and people management.
- Direct experience working with young adults/teenagers with autism, and experience working with parents/ caregivers/guardians of these individuals.
- 2-years’ experience or more in the area of developing programs for special needs and
- 1-2 years’ experience managing staff. Strong interpersonal, supervisory, and leadership skills as well as the ability to work well with a diverse group of individuals are crucial to success in this position.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three years’ experience working with ASD population, two of which shall have been supervisory in nature.
- Must take and pass all training required by DDD and other state and federal requirements.
- Strong technological skills. Experience in Microsoft Office is a must, Google Office a plus.
If you are looking to work in a unique environment that encourages growth and development, come join the JoyDew team to build a new Autism paradigm and transform the lives of people on the Autism spectrum.
JoyDew is a fully vaccinated environment, all employees are required to be vaccinated prior to employment.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume and cover letter with “JoyDew Application” in the subject line, to Anat Klebanov at email@example.com.